Monday 28 February 2011

Seven Things (you didn't know about me)

Thanks to Natalie Roberts at http://natalieroberts1.blogspot.com for awarding me a stylish blogger award.


Be sure to check out Natalie's blog.

So, in the interests of being a little more light hearted than usual, here are my seven things:

1. My friend and I won first prize in a fancy dress competition on holiday. All the girls had donned bikinis and Leis and gone as Hawaiian babes whereas we raided the cleaners’ cupboard and went as Mrs Mops (proof if it were needed that ‘uglying up’ will always get you the Oscar). 




2. I began my working life as a PA, to which I was never suited, and during an important meeting I once served the MD his coffee in a sugar bowl.

3. Early in my writing career, I received a silver cup for writing letters (Writers’ News Letter Writer of the Year).

4. I appeared on TV one leap year after Esther Ranzen accosted me and my boyfriend (now my husband) in the street and got me to go down on one knee and propose to him, even though he had already asked me to marry him.

5. I nearly died when I was 17 after going into anaphylactic shock from eating a nut toffee. 

6. I wrote my first travelogue in my 20s on a trip to America and included information on staying in Las Vegas, San Francisco, LA, New York and Washington DC. Wouldn’t mind repeating that trip now!

 

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your stylish blogger award :-) I love your seven things and particularly your number 7! Thanks for the nomination - I'll put my thinking cap on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nomination and congratulations on your award - I shall think of something to write about for my list of 7 things and start compiling my 'lucky 15' list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, good to find your blog - great Mrs Mop photo. I enjoyed reading your 7 things - that was funny about Turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, congrats on your Award, and thank you so much! I was chuckling at your story about Esther Ranzen. :)

    And good luck with the novel!

    ReplyDelete